CHEMICAL ENGINEER - PRODUCTION
Dover Chemical Corporation, a subsidiary of ICC Industries, a leader for over 50 years in the international and domestic trading, manufacture, and marketing of chemicals, plastics, and pharmaceuticals has an opening for a
Production Engineer at its Dover, OH manufacturing facility. Dover Chemical Corporation is a leading producer of specialty chemicals used as plastic additives and also in metalworking and lubricant industries (alkylphenols, chlorinated paraffins, polymer additives, liquid and solid antioxidants (including organophosphites), flame retardants, additives for water-based and oil-based metalworking fluids and drilling fluid additives).
The Production Engineer is responsible for supporting day-to-day operations in the facility. Will play a key role in ensuring that quality products are manufactured safely, in an environmentally sound manner, efficiently and on time. The Production
Engineering role acts as a technical resource for Operations personnel, applying technical skills to optimize plant operations, resolves plant problems and enable production of low cost, quality products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 0-3 years’ experience working in the Chemical industry or related petro-chemical industry is preferred.
- Working knowledge of chemical manufacturing systems and processes.
- Understanding of process optimization techniques.
- Experience working in a complex, fast-paced and diverse team environment.
- Supports incident investigations and eventually take a lead role to investigate and drive root cause solutions
* Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Management of Change (MOC) preferred.
* Able to solve complex problems using data and research
* Requires strong day to day troubleshooting to monitor batch reactors and continuous columns.
* Prefer understanding of process automation, HMI
* Prefer experience with Root Cause Analysis
* Prefer experience using (CMMS) Computerized Maintenance Management System (i.e. Tabware).
* Knowledge of Federal / State EPA and OSHA compliance standards.
* Knowledge of Six Sigma a plus.
* Knowledge of manufacturing concepts and the ability to grasp modern state-of-the-art technology quickly.
* Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages, and customer value.
* Demonstrated analytical and project management skills.
* Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (MS Dynamics AX would be a plus)
WORK SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Capability to analyze and troubleshoot operational and equipment problems and provide reasonable and accurate recommendations and solutions.
* Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing to both technical and non-technical personnel.
* Must have ability to interact effectively with technical contacts, as well as hourly workforce.
* Must have good organizational, time management, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must have good problem solving skills
* Prefer strong project management skills.
* Ability to build partnerships across and between functional groups and lead a project.
* Computer skills are a must with knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Powerpoint.
* Experience working in a Union environment is a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
* Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms and paging.
* Must be able to work around hazardous chemicals and exposure to dust.
* Ability to regularly work in and be exposed to outside weather elements (i.e. rain, snow, cold, heat).
* As needed, must be able to work day, afternoon and evening shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime.
* Must be able to be periodically “on-call” on designated weekends and holidays and available on-site during plant shutdowns / start-ups, plant commissioning and decommissioning activities, and other operational events, planned and unplanned when required.
* Occasionally may be required to work rotating shifts when business needs dictate.
* Physical ability to regularly work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders, walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, crouch or squat, twist, stooping and standing.
* Must be able to work at high elevations when necessary and required.
* Frequently need to talk, hear, and use hands.
* Must be able to lift or move objects weighing up to 10 lbs. routinely and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
Competitive salary and benefits, medical, prescription, dental, bonus potential, 401K with m atching. Please visit our web-site www.doverchem.com for more information.
No VISA sponsorships. PRINCIPALS ONLY NO PHONE CALLS TO EMPLOYER PLEASE
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement