- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- SolidWorks or similar CAD experience with best practices for part design, advanced assemblies, complex configuration management
- Hands on experience crafting simple proof-of-concept models
- Thorough understanding and use of principals, theories and concepts in mechanical engineering
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts and write technical documents
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced agile environment
Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Job Overview – As an Amazon Robotics mechanical engineer, you will develop innovative system architectures and module designs for our robot drive solutions. The ideal candidate has experience designing and analyzing mechanical systems, enjoys analytical problem solving and possesses practical knowledge of medium volume manufacturing methods using stamping, extrusion, casting, and injection molding. This position reports directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including specification, design, prototyping, validation and testing
- Working with the Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality organizations as well as vendors to ensure a smooth product launch
- Writing functional specifications, design verification plans, and functional test procedures
- Exhibit role model behaviors of thorough engineering analysis and cradle to grave ownership
- Experience in the design of complex mechanical products and equipment
- Proficiency documenting designs in accordance with ANSI Y-14.5
- Experience designing and debugging tooled (cast, injection mold, forge, stamp, etc) components
- Proficiency with Product Lifecycle Management PLM software and ECO’s
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with DFMA software
- Proficiency with SolidWorks Simulation or Ansys Finite Element Analysis tools
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.