Licensed Electrical Engineer
Compensation range listed is expected starting salary.
KPE is looking for a Licensed Electrical Engineer with thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques to lead/work closely on assigned projects from planning, preliminary design, front end engineering, preparation of drawings and tender documents, tender evaluation, project management, contract administration, construction support, liaison with local authorities and as-built documentation.
- Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of electrical principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Devise new approaches and/or improved processes to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards.
- Responsible for quality and delivery of construction documentation.
- Electrical design with primary responsibilities of power, lighting and controls per client requirements.
- Provide studies of power quality, capacity, short circuit and coordination.
- Detail portions of projects using schematic or conceptual layouts.
- Interface with clients, utility companies, construction administrators, project team and vendors.
- Assume the lead engineer’s role on assigned projects.
- Serve as designated client contact on projects, if desired.
- Lead a team to deliver quality construction documentation — specifications, schematics, power and lighting plans, one-lines, etc.
- Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
- Develop proposals for engineering projects and construction estimates.
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers as assigned.
- Research design options and document findings for project lead engineer.
- Perform and document technical design reviews with other disciplines on the project team to produce the highest level of quality.
- Capable and experienced in simultaneously managing and performing multiple projects.
- Responsible for adhering to all safety standards and practices.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Electrical Engineering: 5+ Years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s in Engineering
License or Certification
- Professional Engineer (Required)
Ideal Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Bluebeam Revu
KPE has the resources, diverse project knowledge, client base and stability to provide a rewarding place to build your career. We believe in providing a positive learning environment in order to help staff advance their career and meet personal goals. In addition to providing an excellent salary commensurate with experience, KPE provides the industry's top comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: comprehensive healthcare package (99% of premiums paid for employee and family); responsible paid time-off; 401K with fully vested company match; dental, vision, disability and life insurance premiums paid by employer; company events; and a great environment with tremendous opportunity for advancement!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Electrical Engineering: 8 years (Required)