Responsible for a broad set of activities within one or more engineering disciplines in support of engineering research and development (R&D), which is defined as the creative application of scientific principles to research, design, or develop structures, instruments, machines, experiments, processes, theories or technologies; or to construct or operate the same with full cognizance of their design; or to forecast their behavior under ambiguous operating conditions. Broad professional expertise in an engineering discipline and the ability to act as an independently functioning skilled contributor is required.
- Typical educational requirement is a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree from an ABET accredited engineering college or university program.
- Additional Job Requirements Mechanical, nuclear, electrical engineers preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. At this level, post-graduate coursework maybe expected. Additional consideration may be given to professionally recognized training and certifications in related fields.
- Period of performance through December 31, 2022
- Job Site Location: Los Alamos, NM
- Per Diem TBD
- Multiple positions based on level of experience and qualifications.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $110,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- R&D Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Dept. of Energy: 5 years (Preferred)