Design Engineer – Broadcast – IP – Electrical
HA Design Group's engineering department currently has an immediate opening for a full-time Design Engineer. We have built our reputation on listening to the customer, delivering their needs with an eye toward future and current technology. We are a design-build systems integrator looking for a candidate who can design simple and complex systems using standard industry tools.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering project, including - system design, sales support in customer consultation, needs analysis, research, CAD, VISO, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement, site surveys, kick-off meetings, etc. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director and collaborate with design/purchasing and sales teams on design projects. This an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a dedicated and passionate team about craftsmanship and innovation.
Given the varied nature of our business and the design work we perform, the design engineer must also demonstrate a basic understanding of programming and the ability to use software tools. The candidate needs to be able to:
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology
- Create & manage evolving projects.
- Technical oversight and design questions during integration & commissioning
- Four (4)+ years of Design Engineering experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of AV/Media systems, products, and integration techniques
- A strong ability in AutoCAD, Visio, Micro-soft project, and other design software
- A solid foundation in networking and IT requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the demeanor to develop trusted relationships with our customers
- Perform other tasks as requested by Director
To learn more about becoming part of the HA Design Group team, visit us at our website www.hadesign.net; call Kevin J Basquill at (703) 778-8760. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability