POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. Ensures the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively. Responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process. Reviews, evaluates and implements engineering changes and specification requirements. Requires a bachelor's degree. Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Requires 10 years’ experience in the related area as an individual contributor. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant: Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards
- Provide daily engineering technical support and leadership for manufacturing operations including, machining, assembly, testing, and packaging
- Apply statistical methods to determine and improve process capability, repeatability, first-pass yields, and conformance to quality requirements
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts. Evaluates products/processes according to specifications, cost and quality standards.
- Confers with management, marketing and production teams to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, DFMA and develop test procedures
- Participates in design review meetings to give reliability findings and recommendations
- Determines units requiring environmental testing and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data
- Lead VAVE activities in the areas of cost containment, opportunities for financial savings, efficiency, productivity and waste minimization
- Drafts FMEA or formulates mathematical models to identify units posing excessive failure risks and support proposed changes in design
- Plans and directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products & systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and tools
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD solid modeling software-Auto Desk Inventor preferred. Solid MS Office skills
- Strong knowledge of machining processes. Tooling and fixture design experience. CNC programming experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to leverage manufacturing process and material knowledge in engineering designs
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- validation: 1 year (Preferred)
- manufacturing engineering: 5 years (Preferred)