Basic Software Systems has been in business for 43 years. We are well established in a specialized industry.
This will involve software development with a team for our current web-based enterprise business solution for a specialized industry. This position will analyze, design, and maintain the solutions, ensuring quality solutions for our end-users.
A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals is an essential skill to perform well in this position.
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software
- Keeping up to date with developments and trends in database management
- Develop an architectural approach to meet key business objectives
- Participate in a team of developers creating and maintaining business-critical solutions
- Monitor quality and performance of applications through testing and maintenance.
- Document all work for future reference
- Be available for on-call support as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competency Requirements/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in application development
- Extensive experience with database technologies and SQL
- Knowledge of Object-Relational Mapping framework
- Experience with Windows Server environments
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently or as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of SQL and SQL server tools
- Strong mathematical, algorithmic thinking, and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills while using good judgement
- Impeccable attention to detail
Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management Systems or relevant field.
Salary starting point based on minimum experience and skill requirements met.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Texarkana, TX 75501: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- AWS, SQL/Server tool,,ASP.NET,C#,DevExpress: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cloud Services (AWS, Microsoft Azure): 2 years (Preferred)
- .NET framework, ASP.NET, C#: 2 years (Preferred)
- Web Accessibility Standards, DevExpress: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location