Job Title: Packaging Program Manager
Department: New Product Development
Reports To: VP Brand & Product Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the VP Brand & Product Management, he/she is responsible for the coordination and development of new packaging including establishing specs, generating mock-ups, and optimizing, consolidating and streamlining existing packaging. Works with various internal departments and external vendors as required to provide highest level and most economic packaging solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include the following.
· Manages the realization of mock-ups by coordinating activities through the various internal departments: Marketing and Sales, Other Arc global sites, Procurement, Cold End, QC etc.
· Follows-up with the development of packaging and provides regular and timely feedback to internal customers and Project Leaders.
· Builds packaging specifications to create the “Technical File”: quantity/quality, blueprints, pallet configuration etc., or obtain it by other departments.
· Provides the data needed for the codification of the packaging components.
· Participates in meetings and communicates internally/externally concerning packaging status.
· Insures, where appropriate, packaging meets “frustration free” e-commerce shipping requirements.
· Attempts, wherever possible, to consolidate Arc NA packaging footprints to create greater purchasing efficiency and effectiveness.
· Troubleshoots new and existing packaging problems.
· Works with manufacturing to ensure that package designs are optimized for manufacturability and packaging machinery operations
· Partners with NA Purchasing manager and Packaging Engineers at other Arc global locations to identify and optimize use of the most efficient and effective packaging materials to transport glass products.
· Assembles specifications, Bill of materials (BOMs), assembly instructions and pallet diagrams (CAPE) into final production specifications for the production floor
· Specify and recommend test methods to validate packaging designs
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES N/A
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Strong knowledge of packaging requirements to provide or sub-contract product specifications.
· Basic understanding of packaging specifications, SOPs, GMP regulations and packaging testing (ISTA) requirements for CPG Companies, Retail, and dot com customers
· Demonstrated experience creating cost-effective and innovative solutions for transporting fragile products (both in bulk and as finished goods.)
· Interpersonal and team skills with ability to manage packaging projects including understanding the constraints of the different departments involved (e.g. manufacturing, e-commerce), summarizing project status, giving instructions, and coordinating internal and external constituents.
· Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively.
· Excellent writing and verbal skills. Proficient with packaging technical terminology
· Strong negotiation skills
· Computer skills including proficiency in Word and Excel.
· Excellent follow-up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage many projects at one time.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· Seven or more years with relevant packaging development experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Technology, Design, Science or Engineering
· IOPP Certification (CPP) or similar certification as a packaging technician/engineer is highly preferred
· Experience in project-based environment preferred
· Experience developing packaging for a broad range of customers (e.g. direct to consumer/e-commerce, retail, food service, bulk/B2B
· Experience with packaging specification software (e.g. Solidworks, Artios CAD, etc.)
· Advanced PC Skills: Microsoft Office – Word, Excel PowerPoint, Project, Adobe Illustrator, digital photography and file management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS N/A
LOCATION: Millville, NJ at Arc America’s headquarter offices, adjacent to manufacturing and warehouse facilities
Job Type: Full-time