Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has immediate openings in Clackamas, Oregon, Bellevue, Washington or Spokane, Washington for a Systems Engineer – Tier II. This position is responsible for assisting customers by acting as an escalation point for Systems-, Storage-, and Software-related communications and service requests, as well as coordinating information and the troubleshooting processes. Configures various systems and appliances for customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Acts as a primary escalation point for Tier I engineers in remediating service requests and incidents, for both customers and internal operations.
- Primarily focused on assisting with the troubleshooting of various issues, service requests or incidents.
- Take appropriate actions while assisting and enabling Tier I engineers to troubleshooting incidents and providing basic service coordination for initial triage/troubleshooting of service requests.
- Review completed service requests and incidents for errors or omissions, and identify additional actions required to resolve outstanding issues and ensure excellent customer service.
- Act as the first line for incoming customer communications, when required.
- Design product implementation plans for customers of Structured.
- Install, configure and provide subject-matter expertise on the various systems and appliances from the manufacturers that Structured represents.
- Put together project files in a timely manner and provide project management services when appropriate.
- Identify professional service opportunities to address customers’ security, network, storage, systems, voice and mobility needs.
- Assist in defining Structured’s value proposition to end-users.
- Assist in sales opportunities with Structured’s sales personnel.
- Create detailed documentation and maintain an organized customer database.
- Follow the current policies and procedures for tracking activities in Structured’s various CRM tools.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other members of Structured’s Managed Services team.
- Promote and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Foster and maintain relationships with customers, prospective customers and vendors.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Provide input for professional service statements of work (“SOW”) and create SOW’s as directed.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Information Systems or equivalent plus 2 years’ experience; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Managed Services.
General Office Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite and CRM/Service Delivery platforms.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit or step up to access equipment within a data center environment; use hands to, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and twist. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in both a general office environment, as well as a data center environment. Within the general office environment, both the lighting and temperature are generally moderate. The data center environment is generally cool in temperature and the lighting is moderate; the noise level in the data center environment is generally loud.
Must have a valid Driver’s License and motor vehicle insurance (at least equal to the state’s minimum coverage requirements), as well as have the ability to travel to customer locations and other destinations for short to medium term projects. Flexibility to field phone calls, pager or system alerts and provide remote or on-site support to clients outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
- Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.