Provides support to the Manufacturing organization to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met. Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues. Interfaces with Engineering Development organization to integrate new products or processes into the existing manufacturing area. Provides data analysis and database management support to programs and initiatives. Serves as a resource person to all levels of management in reviewing, understanding, and analyzing data for performance improvement initiatives.
- Program manufacturing equipment – SMT, AOI, SPI, Selective Solder, etc.
- Training and working closely with production associates.
- Work with the Operations Team to identify bottlenecks/issues and utilize data to drive improvements and develop process controls.
- Analyzes process deficiencies; develops and recommends new and improved processes.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Work closely with team members and with cross-departmental resources like Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality Control, etc. to collaborate and execute projects.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and the ability to convert large volumes of data into actionable information.
- Support inter-departmental projects and company-wide initiatives.
- Troubleshoot data integrity issues.
- Supports Root Cause Problem Solving events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and Problem Solving/Process Improvement Methodologies, Change Management, Equipment Controls and PFMEA.
· Demonstrates ability to complete major and complex assignments or parts of larger assignments.
· Advanced problem solving and decision-making abilities.
· Good oral and excellent written communication.
· Demonstrates proficient communication, programming and troubleshooting skills.
· Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Excellent computer and typical office software skills.
· Possesses a “hands-on” work ethic.
· Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed.
· Ability to work through complex problems at times with little guidance.
· Strong understanding of assessment, evaluation, and continuous improvement.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to communicate clearly, work collaboratively, and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and demonstrate flexibility.
- Proactive approach toward improving processes and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology or Technology, plus 2-4 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt preferred
- ISO 13485 or ISO 9001 preferred
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Manufacturing Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Only full-time employees eligible