GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for creating or revising NC programs using Catia V5 software in order to run CNC multi-axis machinery in the manufacturing of metal (aluminum and hard metals) aircraft parts.
WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION PRE-REQUISITES
- College degree in Math, Science, Engineering preferred but not required
- At least 10 years of Multi axis NC Programming experience in Aircraft parts manufacturing
- Working knowledge in MS Office Applications
- Good working knowledge of CATIA V5 manufacturing, Intercim Post and Vericut software
PHYSICAL & VISUAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
- Accommodation required to read computer screens and documents
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing
- Required to push, pull, reach overhead, climb stairs, bend and exert up to 15 pounds of force
SKILLS, ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE & VALUES
- Exercising good judgment and decision making – considering costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Critical Thinking – using logic, job knowledge and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Outstanding Communication Skills – the ability to express ideas in the English language both in written form and verbally.
- Initiative – willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Stress Tolerance – accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible and dependable while fulfilling obligations.
- Self Responsibility and Honesty - being accountable to company time and resources, being responsible and honest with or without the intervention of Supervisor.
- Independence – developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself and making good decisions with little supervision.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Aviation Industry Knowledge - Knowledge of the Aviation industry and experience with NC programming, assembly, fixturing/ tooling, lean mfg methods, and manufacturing design assistance.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Working knowledge of different material such as Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Titanium, etc.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Including and not limited to:
- Catia V5 – proficiency in creating Tool path using V5’s advanced manufacturing functions
- Vericut 9.0 – mastery of using all the capabilities of full blown Vericut with Machine Sim
- High Speed Machining Technique – The ideal candidate should have deep understanding of High-Speed Machining Techniques of cutting aluminum
- Good knowledge of Mill Fixture designing
- Create NC Program from CAD model or Engineering Drawing independently
- Revise NC Programs to iron out any problems after first run
- Conceptualize programming jobs
- Work efficiently with all supporting software (CAM, Posting, Verification, etc.)
- Develop and maintain Perfekta Manufacturing and Programming Standards and Procedures,
- Troubleshoot fellow Programmer’s programming related problems
- Troubleshoot minor NC Machine problems that are responsible for any discrepant outputs
- Identify better cutting methods (tool, fixture, procedure)
If you like the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment, a problem solver, like to make home a company that values talent and pays competitive wages, we would like to talk to you.