FOODSERVICE SALES DEVELOPER - Eugene/Salem Based
Harbor provides competitive salary, bonus, commissions; full line of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k retirement program with company match; vacation and holidays; and travel/vehicle program.
SUMMARY The Foodservice Sales Developer is designated as the primary driver of food services sales within their assigned territory. Their responsibilities are to grow and develop the foodservice and coffee sales by opening and managing QSR’s, installing new coffee sets and maximizing the key foodservice opportunities within their region. FSD’s must be driven to achieve sales goals set by management while developing a partnership with each customer through a plan that supports mutually profitable growth and promotes the need to become the primary foodservice and coffee supplier in each account.
Essential Job Functions:
- Overall performance versus goals and objectives within the assigned territory.
- Open new QSR’s that meet minimum weekly gross profit contribution set by Regional Sales Manager.
- Open new coffee accounts that meet minimum weekly gross profit contribution set by Regional Sales Manager.
- Identify and close top deli customers within territory.
- Develop strong relationships with key customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Represent and sell Harbor programs professionally and effectively.
- Own and lead QSR and Java business in store.
- Set targets for new customers, QSR and Java acquisition and implement strategy to secure this business.
- Train Territory Sales Managers on foodservice requirements to ensure they can represent and sell the core business.
- Make appointments with current and prospective customers.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver verbal sales presentations to all existing and prospective customers.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to excel with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an accurate call list of accounts with details for required action, contact information and opportunities.
- Understand and Develop new foodservice business outside of the C-store channel.
- Position requires travel, primarily in assigned region with roughly 20% overnight. (1 day a week on average).
Education and Experience:
- Effective and proven negotiation skills are a must.
- Must be willing to show proven results from past employment opportunities.
- The position requires the ability to conduct business while on the road using mobile technology.
- Knowledge and sales experience within the foodservice industry preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, reliable and presentable transportation and required insurance.
- Must live centrally located within territory
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or Psychology preferred.
- Sales and retail work experience in professional field sales position mandatory of minimum 2-5 years as closely related to food and beverage as possible.