The Columbia Group (TCG), a technical services support company which has a successful 30+ year history of providing the United States Military with acquisition, logistics management, engineering, design, fabrication, test and evaluation, information technology and financial management support services, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer.
Mechanical Engineers supporting our Rosenblatt Ship Design Division are responsible for the following:
- Design fluid systems for US Navy, Military Sealift Command, USCG, and commercial ships.
- Design foundations for mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Projects include new ship designs and modernizations to existing ships.
- Systems include seawater, potable water, fuel, lube oil, compressed air, fire extinguishing, HVAC, and chilled water systems.
- Work includes ship inspections for modernization of existing systems.
- Perform analyses and studies, and develop reports, drawings, and specifications to reflect design results.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, or Structural Engineering.
- At least 1-5 years of experience in mechanical systems design and analysis.
- Proficiency in MS Office software and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in finite element analysis (FEA).
- Ability to apply comprehensive knowledge of engineering practices and techniques to complex situations and non-routine tasks.
- Ability to interact and present technical information verbally and in writing (reports, specifications, drawings, etc.) to internal and external customers.
- Detail oriented.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Degree from an ABET accredited program preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) preferred.
- Experience in marine mechanical systems design and analysis preferred.
- Familiarity with U.S. Navy, USCG, ABS, and/or commercial ship design rules and regulations preferred.
- Proficiency in FEMAP/NASTRAN or PIPE-FLO software preferred.
T*he Columbia Group is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer*
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year