Do you enjoy fixing things? Are you generally skilled in general maintenance of electrical, plumbing and carpentry? Do you find job satisfaction when you are able to meet or exceed the customer's expectations? If so, come join the PMI Fargo team!
General Job Description
- Complete assigned Work Orders related to repairs and upkeep of properties. This includes areas of boiler heating, plumbing, electrical, appliances, carpentry, sheetrock repair, flooring and other general repairs. Recommending replacement or repair as necessary. Ensure that all work completed is professional and clean.
- Prepare open apartments for rental within 24 to 72 hours. This may include coordinating the work of other staff or vendors.
- Participate in ongoing training to build and maintain knowledge and skills required for the position.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate to a diverse group of people.
- High School or equivalent education with one to two years’ related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must have own hand tools, a valid driver’s license, vehicle and vehicle insurance.
- Normal work hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- On-call services required.
- Must be able to lift 20 to 50 pounds on a regular basis; on occasion will lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, stoop, lift and reach on a frequent basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to work outside and will be exposed to cold, rain, wind, and other weather conditions customary to their location.
- Responsible for acting in a safe manner at all times and ensuring that other team members do not put themselves or others at risk; working safely is a condition of employment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tags: Maintenance Person, Maintenance Engineer, Property Maintenance, Apartment Maintenance, Facilities, Handyman, Skilled Trades, Property Management, Repairman. Competitive hourly pay based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Devils Lake, ND 58301 (Preferred)
- general maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place