Must apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdor/jobs/2995589/tbs-supervisor-call-center
Who We Are
The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) helps move South Carolina forward by collecting 95% of the state's General Fund. Committed to making compliance easy for taxpayers, and valuing excellence, collaboration, and professionalism, we work to be an innovative and trustworthy partner for taxpayers, businesses, and tax professionals. With excellent benefits and opportunities for training and advancement, we are dedicated to developing, retaining, and valuing a competent, productive, and diverse workforce.
Under limited supervision, supervise, plan, direct, and coordinate the overall activities of the SCDOR Call Center.
- Supervise, plan, direct, and coordinate the overall activities of the Call Center with a focus on the security of taxpayer data to include customer service functions for all taxes and MyDORWay transactions.
- Plan, assign, distribute, and monitor employee workload/assignments/special projects.
- Acquire and maintain tax and/or process knowledge necessary to perform duties.
- Analyze, develop requirements, develop business rules, test, implement, and monitor applicable systems, interfaces, and reports.
- Determine any system modifications or enhancements needed. Develop requirements and business rules, submit SQRs, work with developers, perform testing, and monitor the modification/enhancement.
- Partner with other sections and divisions within the SCDOR and with external stakeholders to understand requirements.
- Provide and maintain a competent, empowered, and forward-thinking team. Ensure team exemplifies high initiative, self-motivation, accountability, adaptability, constructive ideas, and team spirit.
- Administer the Employee Performance program, staff selection, staff reassignment, staff organization, training, career development planning, time tracking, and general personnel matters.
- Determine the future direction of the section based on work, resources, mandates, and system requirements. Develop goals and strategies for the section to be successful.
- Develop and maintain procedures for all duties and tasks performed. This includes forms updates, as needed, and maintaining content on the website.
- Create, review, monitor, and analyze statistical reports for trends and potential problems to determine course of action needed and to forecast section needs and direction.
- Create employee standards of work. Create and prepare dashboards for employees and for the section.
- Evaluate, lead, direct, or participate in special projects. This may include external training, presenting at conferences, and conducting conferences with vendors, CPAs, attorneys, taxpayers, etc.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field and four years of any combination of tax related, business related, and/or supervisory experience.
- Academic degrees must be from an accredited institution of higher learning.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,435.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place