Freeport Construction has been the proud builder of the PNE Prize Homes since 2016!
Freeport designs and builds customized modular structures for residential, commercial and industrial clients throughout Western Canada.
We are a WorkSafeBC COR/OSSE certified company with our Head Office located in Westbank BC, and a growing residential developer, and custom builder of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
Consistent with Freeport’s Vision, Mission, Values and reporting to the Site Superintendent, the on site Construction Labourer is responsible to provide support for all day-to-day site operations, for assigned projects.
The Construction Labourer will work with in-house and external construction personnel to ensure assigned projects are executed in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
As a Construction Labourer at Freeport, you will be responsible for some or all of the following duties:
- Complete a variety of hands-on work, directly with the tools on a daily basis, to achieve goals and targets in meeting company expectations.
- Assist Carpenters and other skilled Trades people.
- Pick up and deliver required materials.
- Perform general site preparation and clean up activities.
- Maintain construction lighting and manage temporary power and heating.
- Identify, communicate and resolve any issues impacting project success and delivery.
- Identify and communicate all conflicts in construction progress or quality of work and take measures to proactively address emerging issues.
- Fill out and participate in JHAs, Safety Observations, Near Miss Reports and Toolbox Talks.
- Represent Freeport in a professional way to the owner, subtrades, consultants and general public.
- Utilize Procore for uploading daily logs, photos, meetings etc.
- Demonstrate professionalism when communicating with clients, site staff and sub-trades.
- Follow the company safety program as per current procedures and pro-actively work to develop and maintain a culture of safety onsite.
- Ensure that the Quality Management Plan and environmental procedures are followed.
- Work to ensure safety is a top priority and is maintained in accordance with WorksafeBC guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-2 years of work experience on construction sites, both residential and commercial.
- Previous forklift experience considered an asset.
- Construction or Carpentry Technical Diploma, Trade Certification and/or equivalent training or experience.
- Understanding of the BC Building Code.
- Knowledge of construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and procedures.
- Previous experience working in a multi-family residential construction environment is an asset.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- Background in modular construction, is an asset.
- Valid BC driver’s licence.
- Construction environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with required safety standards.
- Tasks require walking, bending, twisting, gripping, stair and ladder climbing, entering confined spaces, navigating rough terrain and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. May require long periods of sitting, walking, standing, working on a computer or engaging in telephone conversation.
- Field and site office environment with a flexible work schedule, sometimes requiring work on evenings and weekends.
- Travel required between job sites, offices and plant.
Why Work at Freeport?
- Competitive pay & performance increases
- 100% company paid benefits
- Excellent safety record
- Boot allowance after probation
- On the job training
- Skilled co-workers who are willing to share knowledge
- Prize winning company with consistent work (no seasonal layoffs)
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume through Indeed!
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position. Please note that we will contact candidates if they are selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Westbank, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- construction: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)