We are Media Dog, a Calgary-based, boutique, full-service, full-lifecycle, website agency. For over 20 years, we have had the opportunity to work alongside many local, national, and international businesses and organizations. The common thread throughout hundreds of successful projects has been our ability to provide long-lasting solutions, combined with elegant and intuitive design.
We are looking for a Senior or Intermediate Developer to join our experienced team.
We are currently working fully remotely, with no date set for return to the office. Interviews and onboarding will be done via Teams or phone calls. Must be able to accommodate business hours in ±1 time zones from Mountain Time (MST).
We offer a competitive compensation package, group health benefits, and a flexible work schedule.
Please provide links to your Github and LinkedIn profiles.
- Senior or intermediate PHP Developer
- Professional experience with Laravel or similar framework is a requirement
- Ability to work well remotely in a team environment is a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Digital agency experience
Knowledge and Qualifications
- 2+ years professional experience using PHP/Laravel and MySQL
- 5+ years of experience with custom application development
- Use of PHP, JS, JSON, HTML, CSS
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT, BZR
- Work with Statamic, Concrete5, WordPress, CMS
- Part of the general QA process
- Troubleshooting of existing applications / websites
- Project management; Asana, Agile, DevOps, Notion, Toggl
- Linux Web server administration
- CentOS, Ubuntu, Virtual Cloud Administration (Amazon, DigitalOcean, Linode)
- Please provide links to your Github and LinkedIn
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Work from home
We are currently working fully remotely, with no date set for return to the office.
- PHP: 2 years (preferred)
- CMS: 2 years (preferred)