INITIAL ONBOARDING PERIOD WILL BE IN Oregon WITH OPPORTUNITY TO WORK REMOTELY THEREAFTER.
POSITION SUMMARY: This staff aug. position is part of the Fuels Engineering organization and reports to the Supervisor, System Thermal Hydraulics group which is responsible for development of safety analysis models and completion of transient margin calculations. This position will also support the Code Validation and Methods group which is responsible for validation of thermal-hydraulic codes/models and supports development of advanced safety analysis methods for analysis of Loss of Coolant Accidents (LOCA) and Transients in the clients Small Modular Reactor (SMR) design. The engineers use advanced scaling methods to plan and design thermal-hydraulic experiments and analyze experimental data for code validation and methodology development in accordance with the Evaluation Model Development and Assessment Process (EMDAP) outlined in Regulatory Guide 1.203.
The experienced thermal-hydraulic engineer is needed in the area of light-water reactor safety analysis with a focus on thermal-thermal-hydraulic experiments, data analysis, phenomenological modeling, code validation and methodology development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Apply thermal-hydraulic concepts to support testing, data analysis, code validation, and methodology development for licensing of the client SMR.
2. Perform thermal-hydraulic analysis using analytical models or system analysis codes ( e.g., RELAP5) to support development of test matrix and other inputs for thermal-hydraulic experiments.
3. Analyze experimental data for validation of thermal-hydraulic system analysis codes such as RELAP5 and develop phenomenological models
4. Lead development of safety analysis methodologies following the Evaluation Model Development and Assessment process (EMDAP) described in Regulatory Guide 1.203.
5. Perform safety analysis calculations using industry-standard simulation tools such as RELAP5.
6. Experience in development of Phenomena Importance Ranking Table (PIRT), scaling and distortion analysis for design, development and analysis of separate effects and integral effects tests is a plus
7. Lead technical development of licensing technical or topical reports, the safety analysis report, and other licensing documentation; participate in licensing interactions including interface with the government regulator in areas of technical responsibility.
NuScale experience a PLUS!!! EXPECTED DURATION THROUGH DECEMBER 2020.
Job Type: Contract
- engineering: 8 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan