- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience.
- 5+ years experience in at least one modern Object Oriented programming language such as Java, C#, or C++
- 2+ years operating enterprise applications in a cloud environment
- Experience with cloud design patterns and service-oriented architecture
- Demonstrated application of information security best practices
- Demonstrated ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Perl, PowerShell, and/or VBScript
- Leadership experience with track record of driving projects to completion
Our team is part of Global Security Operations. We manage the back end servers and systems for the physical access control security systems. We also develop services and applications for access control. Here at Amazon we run the largest physical access control system in the world. The Security Innovation, Data, and Engineering (SIDE) team at Amazon is looking for engineers to join our team. We look for engineers with solid software development skills and Leadership Principles.
The SIDE team's mission is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy-to-use services to our internal customers across the global enterprise. We are looking for an engineer that can help us design and build the future of physical security systems infrastructure at Amazon while maintaining the current global infrastructure. To be successful in this position you must have a strong desire to automate, lead, and be comfortable taking initiative.
You will be responsible for developing applications and services to monitor and measure the critical systems that all Amazonians depend on. This position is preferred to be based in Seattle since our largest physical security device lab is located there. On this position, you will creating and defining key performance indicators for our vendor systems and security devices. To accomplish this task, you will be simulating real events using Arduinos, Raspberry Pis, third party APIs, and/or server-less AWS systems, to measure real world access transactions for our global user base. All this data will be used to plan and make future decisions on the expansion of our systems. This role also includes technical service ownership, system design, capacity planning, and handling on-call technical support. Your work will drive design, scaling, and investment choices on what may be the largest and fastest growing physical security system in the world.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
- Experience with automation using embedded systems such as Raspberry Pi and Arduino
- 3+ years building web-based applications using HTML, jQuery, Ajax, CSS (without Flash, Shockwave, Silverlight)
- Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem solving skills
- Proven record of driving vendor adoption of best practices for service-oriented architecture, ITIL operations framework, and information security
- Experience building highly-scalable globally-distributed systems
- Familiarity with Amazon builder tools, monitoring systems, and infrastructure management tools.
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions