Location: Brighton, MI
Employment Classification: Full-time
Compensation: Negotiable and competitive, based on qualifications and achievements
Under the primary direction of the Electrical Engineering Manager, Hoffmann Filter Corporation is currently recruiting for an Electrical Controls Engineer - Programmer. To qualify for this position the candidate must meet or exceed the following expectations:
- Experience with programming, debugging, and commissioning PLCs and HMIs, experience with Siemens TIA Portal and/or Step 7 is highly preferred.
- PLC development / testing, Field BUS I/ O Ethernet / IP- Profi-net/Profi- bus
- Industrial electric control and automation knowledge
- Ensure the continuity of circuits in electrical wiring to ensure safety of the system
- Assemble electromechanical components and interconnecting wiring
- Identify and correct malfunctioning installation and/or components using test equipment and specialty tools
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities, have an acute attention to detail, the ability to receive direction, and be a high energy team player with the ability to work both independently and in a group environment
- Other duties as required
- One (+/-) year experience in PLC diagnostics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Pertinent Certifications, Computer Programming Experience, or Device/Machine Specific Experience .
- Microsoft Office Suite
About Hoffmann Filter Corporation:
Hoffmann Filter Corporation was founded in 1984 when Georg Hoffmann decided to expand his German filtration company, Hoffmann Maschinen-und Apparatebau, into the United States.
With the quick success of Hoffmann Filter Corporation as a sales office in Novi, MI, we began manufacturing Precoat Filters in 1985. The product line continued to grow, and Hoffmann Filter moved to a larger facility in Wixom, MI. However, the rising popularity of Hoffmann filters in the United States caused the company to outgrow the facility in only five years, and so in late 1996, Hoffmann Filter moved to Brighton, MI where we are currently headquartered.
Today, thousands of filters later, Hoffmann Filter Corporation has plenty of room to manufacture top-quality filters. Our facility now boasts 45,000 square feet of manufacturing space that allows us to continuously push our limits in filter production.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Programmable logic controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place