ABOUT DICE COMMUNICATIONS:
Our mission is to be the premier provider of mobile, telephony and unified communications solutions specializing in regulated, public industries. Our core focus is Education (K-12 and higher-ed) and Municipal as well as State Governments. Our core competency is “creating value” with customers through enabling best practices specific to the public sector, such as: E-Government, E-Education and E-Learning.
Dice Communications, Inc., is seeking an experienced Alcatel telecommunication engineer.
- Responsible for Level 3 support of our customer base, ensuring all issues are resolved promptly and within pre-defined SLAs.
- Design, install and support VoIP infrastructure and applications, including IP-PBXs, voice mails, call management systems and unified communications.
- Integrate IP telephony systems with enterprise LANs, WANs, WLANs.
- Experience deploying and supporting VoIP end points, including h.323 and SIP devices, as well as VoIP trunks and carrier SIP solutions.
- Participate in a rotating on-call support schedule.
- 50-60 percent travel to client sites nationwide.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of Alcatel voice experience
- ACFE OmniPCX Enterprise or ACFE OpenTouch certification/s
- Strong Windows and Linux OS knowledge.
- Knowledge of cabling and wiring systems, design and installation
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated expertise in decision making, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Strong collaboration skills
- Oversight and management of multiple request/issues simultaneously
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with VMWare, Linux KVM, Hyper-V
- Experience installing and configuration of Session Border Controllers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, frequently 5-10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Company's Facebook page: