New England Service Company (NESC) is a small publicly traded company providing a wide range of services to public water and waste water systems and suppliers. NESC owns and operates a number of regulated water systems in New England. The Company also provides plumbing, engineering and consulting for systems and others as an unregulated business.
NESC is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a full-time engineering position from an operating base located either in Gilford, NH. or Dover, MA. The candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience in planning, design and construction of water mains, pump stations, chemicals feed systems, and treatment facilities. Licensure as a Professional Engineer (or ability to secure registration} in MA. and NH. is required.
The ideal candidate will have all or most of the following abilities:
- Have a background in CAD and the ability to prepare water main, pump station, and treatment facility plans suitable for soliciting bids, ultimately used for contract drawings; maintenance of as well as modification of construction specifications,
- Preparation and updating of water system distribution maps,
- Solicitation of materials as required and project management of capital additions,
- Technical ability to trouble shoot system deficiencies and recommend problem solving guidance to local operators,
- Willingness and desire to become a licensed operator to perform operations intermittently,
- Coordinate design and construction with permitting and regulating agencies,
- Estimating projects, equipment and materials costs,
- Have an entrepreneurial nature that supports business development
- Experience with permitting and regulatory compliance
The position reports to the Vice President of Engineering, includes a Company vehicle, and the potential for taking an equity position in the Company
Working for a family-oriented company that balances small business and invigorating expansion is a tremendous opportunity for daily fulfillment and career growth.
The company provides rich and competitive benefit opportunities to all eligible employees including comprehensive medical, dental and vision health insurance, 401k, profit sharing, STD, LTD & life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, vacation and personal time and educational reimbursement for career growth.
Required or Preferred Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in civil, mechanical, or environmental engineering, construction management, or similar field from an accredited institution
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE), or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Required
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible professional engineering experience in design and construction of water treatment/distribution facilities
- A minimum of three years performing or managing design of water infrastructure projects.
- A minimum of three years of large construction management experience.
- A combination of formal education and practical experience in an equivalent position is preferred
- Proof of a valid driver’s license that is in good standing
The company seeking candidates for employment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Please note this job description or posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Water System Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings