Chief Engineer is responsible for the management and supervision of the property and all related systems to ensure the safety of guests, team members and vendors. Ensure compliance with preventative maintenance programs and procedures, SOP's as well as all Building/Fire/Health Department codes. Maintain the property as energy efficiently as possible.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Implement and schedule property and equipment preventive maintenance programs in compliance with corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations.
- Prioritize service requests; schedule and monitor the service performed to ensure customer satisfaction, safety and convenience.
- Test and examine the life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
- Monitor utility consumption to determine the effectiveness of current systems.
- Review purchase requests through Concur and monitor expenses budget to ensure goals are met/exceeded.
- Preparing and maintaining schedules, logs, records and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities.
- Work with the General Manager on the annual Capex improvement plan.
- Work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to continually enhance and advance the company goals and operations.
- Establish consistent operating procedures and ensure they are consistently followed.
- Motivate the staff and establish a productive, positive and safe work environment.
- Ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets designated company standards and the appropriate inspections are carried out on a consistent basis.
- Maintain a flexible schedule that can work any shift and assist with staff coverage in the instance of call-offs.
- Demonstrate a commitment to servicing the guest and take initiative to speak to all guests.
- Note that this is not an inclusive list and members of the management team are often asked to assist with tasks. in other areas of the company in order to best serve the business. Other tasks may be assigned by the General Manager.
We embrace a deep passion to provide guests the unexpected at every turn while having a damn good time doing it through a genuine enthusiasm for hospitality and zest for life; the soul of our hotel.
The Vendue is like no other hotel in Charleston. A historically rich canvas finished with the unconventional. Familiar, yet unexpectedly playful. An intersection of good company where locals and visitors converge. A place where guests are taken care of and entertained from sun up to sundown. Venture inside; anything is possible.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charleston, SC 29401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Maintenance management: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location