Job Title: Maintenance Manager
FLSA Status: Salary
Reports To: Plant Manager
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for anticipating and meeting the Company’s evolving needs and objectives. This senior level position provides firm, fair, and consistent leadership to employees while fostering an environment of trust and open communication and developing talent for the future of the organization. The Maintenance Manager position manages, Directs and coordinates overall maintenance operations. Creates and maintains all required paperwork while assuring self and all employees operate and follow through with safety while projecting and nurturing the positive safety environment. Through subordinates, supervisors, and managers assuring quality, safety and production objectives are met and within budget standards. You will be required to perform maintenance duties in the building as well as maintaining any outbuilding and grounds. This position requires you to be “On Call” and able to self-direct. This position is very hands on.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management deems necessary.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies to achieve the goals of Bakery Bling
- Work with other senior and executive levels to ensure compliance with all regulatory standards including but not limited to: Good Manufacturing Processes, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Food and Drug Administration, Consumer protection, Safe Quality Food, and the United States Department of Agriculture
- With the aim of achieving high performance, build a positive, team-oriented work culture and environment where continuous improvement, innovative and positive thinking, teamwork, positive behaviors, safety and security are natural outcomes.
- Develop required skills and knowledge to a level of depth appropriate to keep production as highly functional as needed to meet and exceed organizational goals and objectives.
- Plan, assign and direct the work of subordinate staff for the achievement of maintenance operation goals and objectives.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies within maintenance.
- Prioritize and complete requested work orders that are submitted to maintenance by team members.
- Maintain appearance of the facility grounds including lawnmowing, snowplowing, landscaping and waste removal
- Control the Preventative Maintenance program and ensure that all machines are properly inspected and running optimally.
- This is a hands-on position. You will assist in breakdowns, all maintenance of equipment and on emergency repairs.
- Provide ongoing communication of maintenance performance to senior and executive management detailing issues, successes and challenges.
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports in alignment with business objectives and required staff development while promoting teamwork and cohesiveness.
- Evaluate and appraise employees’ performance and follow-up with proper documentation
- Proficient in or seek to become proficient in Welding, Installation, CIP’s, Robotics, Diagnostics, PLC, Electrical – 3 phrase, Pneumatic, Steam/ boilers etc.
- Administer and document disciplinary procedures, both verbal and written, when necessary while working with human resources.
- Promote a safe, secure, and positive work environment for all Bakery Blingt Employees.
- Other duties as appropriate or assigned.
The Maintenance Manager’s work performance will be evaluated by the Plant Manager on the ability to perform and execute the essential duties and responsibilities as detailed in the job description. The evaluation process will include the evaluation of general performance factors and measurable key performance indicators. General performance indicators will include work quality, productivity, job knowledge, reliability, attendance, creativity / innovation, interpersonal skills, judgement, adherence to policy, and leadership skills. Key performance indicators will be developed with the Plant Manager of Bakery Bling.
In the absence of the Maintenance Manager, the Production Manager will assume the Maintenance Manager responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Above average communication skills including written, verbal and computer programs knowledge. Above average organizational and interpersonal skills. A proven record of leading operational teams and the development and achievement of strategic corporate goals. Unquestionable Integrity. Detail Minded an ability to multitask while under a stressed timeframe.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent industry knowledge. Advanced knowledge and experience of food or dairy manufacturing maintenance or 5-7 years of job-related experience in the bakery industry preferred.
Advance Microsoft office skills to include email (outlook), word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel).
Ability to write reports, procedures, processes, and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with employees, managers, supervisors and other employees of Bakery Bling.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to solve practical and complex production scheduling, purchasing, or inventory issues while dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Demonstrate consistent and effective planning and organizational skills. Ability to interpret a variety of specifications and information furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Maintenance Manager to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Maintenance Manager is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and talk or hear. This position may require constant use of hands or fingers to effectively perform maintenance on equipment and use of a computer keyboard. In an instance where a physical inventory or an evaluation of ingredient or packaging quality is required, the Maintenance Manager may be required to lift or move up to 50LB.+ Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen as well as a general background check.
Multi-level bakery plant, food manufacturing environment. Working hours will vary depending on need. May require some travel.
Must have valid driver’s license. All weather conditions, temperatures and dry or wet.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance Management: 5 years (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)