Our client, a rapidly growing technology firm, has an exciting opportunity for an experiencedSenior Technology Designer to join our team in supporting our Technology Infrastructure andImplementation teams. The ideal candidate would be BICSI RCDD certified, skilled in usingREVIT, have project management experience, and committed to providing an exceptional client experience.
The Technology Designer position involves the design, coordination, and specifying of telecommunication distribution systems and infrastructure for medium to large projects. The designer will oversee the project throughout the entire project lifecycle, assisting with construction issues, scheduling, and budget. The successful candidate should have experience in active communication systems which may include public address, data network active components, security systems, distributed antenna systems, and nurse call.
The Technology Designer will be expected to self-perform the tasks listed below in addition to leading other team members with the activities:
- Producing and/or overseeing detailed design drawings in AutoCAD or REVIT based on project criteria.
- Producing detailed floor plans and enlarged telecommunication space designs.
- Coordinate infrastructure needs with other systems: CCTV, Access Control, A/V,
WLAN, Building Automation, etc.
- Coordinating and producing detailed pathway designs to support inside and outside plant cabling infrastructure to include fill calculations.
- Creating and editing project specifications based on project criteria.
- Producing and reviewing test plans.
- Producing and reviewing project submittals.
- Responding to Requests for Information (RFI)
- Assisting technology implementation teams with take offs and proposal development.
- Develop compliance matrices and other project support documentation.
- Create and maintain drawings, specifications, studies, and various design logs.
- Assist in managing project with teams to ensure on-time delivery and maintain profitability.
- Be actively engaged with the project quality control process and produce reports based on observations made on on-site visits.
- Produce plans and test procedures for Pre-Installation and Check-Out (PITCO) activities.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of and utilize relevant sections of NFPA codes, TIA
Standards, BICSI publications, or other relevant criteria.
- Detailed, motivated, self-starter; must be able to work independently and lead in a team environment.
- Must be willing to expand knowledge base to new systems and technologies as project demand dictates.
- Must possess and demonstrate a basic understanding of TIA standards and NFPA
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check successfully.
- Active BICSI RCDD credential or equivalent.
- PE or BICSI RCDD
- Experience working with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) or Building Information
Management (BIM) systems such as REVIT.
- Prior field installation and testing experience is a plus.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Work within a team environment to Lead and Follow.
- Mentor and enable others to be their best Designers/Engineers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,750.00 - $174,648.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Work Location: One location