ISP Manager is responsible for the central office engineering and central office critical infrastructure in the Northeast region. This position includes responsibility for design, planning, and budgeting for maintenance, improvements, capacity and upgrades for the relevant systems. The Manager is responsible for assisting the Director with management, training, safety, and development of a staff of qualified network engineers. This position can report to our Alabama or New England offices. Travel to Otelco properties in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, and West Virginia is required.
The ISP Manager is responsible for designing, planning, and operating central office infrastructure to ensure optimal reliability, efficiency and cost-effectiveness through utilization of industry-best practices. The Manager is also responsible for monitoring and augmentation of facilities and equipment and central office records.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for certain central office facilities, utilities, infrastructure, and related systems
- Responsible for short term planning, and budget inputs.
- Provide technical assistance and support to other teams for major systems improvements.
- Maintains network drawings – floor plans for certain CO's and remotes, bay diagrams.
- Prepares CO Work orders – face sheets, work print, material list, post records.
- Responsible for loading inside plant records into B/OSS
- Troubleshooting complex circuit issues with other carriers to interconnect with network.
- Manage customer issues by setting expectations and meeting/exceeding those expectations to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Interpret general network diagrams and site survey information to determine placement of new equipment, parts required for installation, cables type and connections, power equipment needs.
- Create engineering work packages including scope of work, material lists, provisioning details, installation details, network diagrams and installation notes.
- Participate in safety program and in ongoing development of company-wide policy.
- Create detailed engineering plans and drawings for transport/access networks and peripheral 3rd party touch points for Central Office, Hut and Cabinet environment
- Track employee performance throughout the year and assist Director with annual reviews.
- Work with Director to identify individual training and development plans for employees that help the company meet its objectives and retain and develop staff.
- Manages projects and initiatives as assigned
- Manage outages and recovery process.
- Perform after-hours maintenance during scheduled windows or during emergencies.
- Provides emergency coverage and participates in on call rotation as needed or required.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of rural and competitive telephone operations and subscriber services preferred.
- Experience with central office installation, maintenance, and repair work
- Experience managing and installing DC power systems, SONET network systems, DSL and Fiber Access equipment
- Experience with DWDM, OTN, and Carrier Ethernet technologies
- Experience with design, planning, documentation and maintenance of fiber and coaxial plant
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, IP, FTTx, ATM, xDSL, T1/T3 or GR-303 required
- Strong understanding of various engineering practices and procedures required.
- Optical network installation and implementation experience required.
- Knowledge of current architectures being deployed Metro Ethernet, GPON, DWDM
- Strong knowledge of Adtran/Calix access and transport systems a plus
- Problem solving and network troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work with numbers and calculations and create budgets and forecasts.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and schedules.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required
- Travel throughout the northeast frequently required
- Occasional travel beyond the northeast required Education and Experience:
Education: Degree preferred, high school diploma required.
Experience: Minimum of five years of relevant technical experience. Prior management experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Troubleshooting complex circuit issues: 1 year (Preferred)
- Engineering Management: 4 years (Required)
- central office installation: 3 years (Required)
- short term planning and budget inputs: 1 year (Preferred)
- Central Office Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Adtran/Calix access: 3 years (Preferred)
- operating central office infrastructure: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
Company's Facebook page: