E Energy Adams is an ethanol manufacturing plant located around 30 miles south of Lincoln in Adams, NE and we looking for a hardworking, self-motivated individual to join our Maintenance team as a day shift Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Technician position will assist the Maintenance Engineer and the Maintenance Manager with maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and replacement of plant equipment and systems to ensure maximum plant performance. The Technician position has a strong emphasis in mechanics, piping, welding and hydraulics. All maintenance department employees will assist in the development and implementation of plant safety programs and policies. The Maintenance Technician will support all policies, goals and objectives of the company, and will represent the company in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Perform expert troubleshooting, installation, routine maintenance and repair of mechanical manufacturing equipment.
- Responsible for mechanical piping within the plant.
- Demonstrate understanding of welding principles associated with stick, TIG and MIG welding.
- Responsible for reading and understanding mechanical and piping prints.
- Responsible for hydraulic operations and equipment.
- Demonstrate personal computer skills and use of mechanical programs.
- Perform rotating machine alignment.
- Have basic understanding of electrical to assist Maintenance Electrical Technician.
- Maintain facilities and grounds in clean, well-kept and efficient operating manner.
- Possess project management skills. Participate in plant projects when needed.
- Assist process operators when necessary.
- Assist Maintenance Engineer with control of parts inventory.
- Assist in development and implementation of safety programs. Carry out department and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Responsible for awareness and implementation of all local, state and federal regulations as they apply to the maintenance department.
- Complete all tasks assigned by Maintenance Engineer and the Maintenance Manager.
- Other duties not listed herein but which need to be accomplished to maintain safe and timely day-to-day operations of the plant.
- Maintain confidentiality of all records and company matters.
- Promote E Energy Adams in the community.
- Support all company safety, health, environmental, and quality programs and policies, and be accountable for the performance of these programs in the Maintenance Department.
- Maintain a high level of service and work performance, and also support and promote a positive and cooperative team environment which fosters creative problem solving and shared learning.
- High school graduate or GED required
- Technical degree or certification in a mechanical related field preferred
- 3 or more years of experience - maintenance operations in industrial and/or process maintenance required, preferably in the ethanol industry
- Equivalent work experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Expertise in mechanical, piping, welding and hydraulics
- Work rotating on-call schedule during weekends and holidays
- Detail oriented with strong communication, organizational, time-management and troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to safety and environmental compliance is critical.
- This position requires walking, standing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, seeing, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs and ladders up to 200 feet.
- Ability to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to enter confined spaces.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be willing to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, steel-toed boots, and hearing protection.
- Ability to communicate by using and hearing a 2-way radio system.
- Ability to respond to and support emergency issues on a 24/7 basis during stand-by week and work outside of normally scheduled hours as needed.
- $23.80 per hour with annual bonus potential
- Full Benefits – Health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with company match, life insurance, disability coverage, generous PTO program and paid holidays
Please click on the button below to submit your resume and cover letter.
E Energy Adams, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment testing is required for all positions.
The Maintenance Technician must be able to perform primary job functions satisfactorily with, or without, reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required. If accommodations are needed by an applicant or employee to perform the essential job functions, please advise Human Resources in writing as to the accommodations requested.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed at the discretion of management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.80 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- maintenance technician: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma