Marine Engineering Instructor/Lecturer
The Management of LJM Maritime Academy, Nassau, Bahamas is seeking applications to fill the vacancy for Senior Engineering Instructor/Lecturer. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise Marine engineering department. Develop, implement current
STCW 2010 syllabus also review and revise as required.
- Conduct theoretical classes and practical training classes outside the formal classroom environment.
- Develop maritime training modules, training material, presentations, exercise and handouts as part of training course.
- Oversee mechanical workshop activities on lathe machine, welding machine shaper and drill machine.
- Train and supervise operation of Engine room simulator.
- Conduct STCW ancillary courses.
- Evaluate and report student progress / achievement. Provide timely feedback on participant’s performance.
- Participate in program and academy activities as required including student management
Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must possess at least Class 1 certificate of competency
(Motor / Steam) unlimited.
- Minimum one year of Chief Engineer experience in ocean going vessel.
- Minimum three years of teaching experience.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate will be eligible for a medical plan, a contributory pension plan and be entitled to four (4) weeks of vacation annually.
Salary will be negotiable, but commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused