We are Multi national Retail operation seeking a Senior RPG programmer to join our team. You will be a member of the I.T. Infrastructure Team responsible for the planning , design and maintenance of the AS400 and or iseries .
- A minimum of 5 years experience programming on IBM i
- A demonstrated proficiency in all business concepts, including hands on support experience for processes such as Accounting, Warehousing, merchandising system .
- Experience with RPG, RPGLE, SQLRPGLE and CL.
- Knowledge of relational database, including SQL
- Understand SDLC concepts on IBM i; Turnover experience a plus.
- Experience with IBM i operating system admin and system backups.
- Knowledge in programming and working with APIs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain current RPG code base for the ERP
- Gather requirements for new initiatives, document and carry the development life cycle through from DEV – QA – Production
- Understand core business, operational process flows, and related IT systems capabilities
- Follow IT project management methodology and perform IT administrative duties
- Build documentation such as business problem definitions, requirements documents, solution design specs, mapping specs, business process maps, and training documents
- Participate in maintenance responsibilities, such as production monitoring, file maintenance and full management of the as400
- Coordinate tasks and projects with partner IT departments and business teams
- Build, present, confirm, and execute test plans; provide professional testing status updates to both internal and external customers
- Participate in test readiness reviews, participate in design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs
- Promote code from development and production following IT policies and procedures
- Collaborate with various business teams to improve efficiencies and speed of internal operations by improving process and/or system capabilities
- Recommend process and system enhancements based on analysis, experience, and intuition
- Conduct and present root cause analysis for repetitive issues or major issues.
- Participate in on-call after hours support
Job Type: Full-time
Education and Experience:
- IBM i and RPG: 5+ years
- SQL: 1 year
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving / troubleshooting skills
- Solid Microsoft Office skills (collaboration with Skype, building mapping specs in Excel, writing professional technical documentation in Word.
- Coachable, willing to learn on the job, and willing to offer feedback/advice
- Experience writing and running queries against relational SQL database(s) is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- Academic or professional experience in requirements analysis and design, or systems implementations
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off