ifm electronic is a global company with more than 7,300 employees in 95 countries. Our core business is to develop and produce sensors and controls for industrial automation and process applications. ifm has received multiple awards for innovation and breakthrough technologies. Additionally, ifm was officially awarded the title of "Top Employer 2020" for excellence in employee conditions by the Top Employers Institute for our sites in Germany, Poland and also here in the United States.
ifm is currently one of the world’s largest manufacturers of industrial sensors and controls, producing more than 13 million products which includes 9 million sensors annually. 90% of orders are processed and shipped same day with a monthly accuracy rate of 99%. We currently serve 174,000 buying customers world-wide.
"Exceptional success can only be achieved when the employees believe in the company and when they know that they are treated in a fair and honest way." -ifm philosophy
We have a high growth pace in a collaborative work environment. ifm believes in openness to ideas and a culture where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions rather than title or tenure.
This position resides in the ifm Malvern product development and manufacturing facility, which designs and manufactures temperature and flow sensor products, along with cable assemblies. This product development role is key to the greater ifm’s success in the United States.
ifm prover is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our New Product development team in Malvern, PA. The main goal of this team is to develop innovative sensors that bring “new benefits” to customers and disrupt the existing technologies in the market.
- Specify, design, and program embedded software for microcontrollers in sensors and HMI products.
- Support design process through all phases of development from initial prototypes to final product.
- Validate design performance to specifications, debug embedded software, and document final design.
- Design software that is structured and modular for applications in a broad family of products.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering or related degree
- 3+ years of experience, preferred in developing and programming embedded software for product design
- Strong knowledge and direct experience with C programming language
- Experience with digital electronics hardware such as microcontrollers is a plus
- Organizational skills with an attention to details is a must
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Self-driven and willing to acquire new skills and grow in the position.
ifm prover USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.