Manufacturing Engineer II
To develop, design, assemble and implement tooling / machine and processes necessary to produce new products and enhance existing products. Develop production processes to ensure efficiency. Investigates and resolves production line or tooling problems.
MAIN JOB DUTIES:
- To develop, implement, and manage production systems of newly developed parts.
- Design, build, wire, plumb, program, debug, and maintain new equipment.
- Work in conjunction with Product Engineering to "Design For Manufacturing"
- Investigates and resolves production line work centers or tooling design problems.
- Determines cost of implementing new products or processes.
- Plant layouts, improvements, expansions.
- Develops work methods/tooling/machinery to improve operator efficiency through quality tracking, interviews, and review of production and training.
- Identifies and selects vendors for tooling, equipment, fixtures and supplies.
- Reviews product design and equipment design.
- Researches, develops and implements the latest technology for equipment design.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
- Continuous Improvement of existing processes and equipment.
- Maintain and trouble shoot existing equipment and process.
- Perform installations and repairs of existing equipment.
- Coordinate with Purchasing any supplies needed to maintain equipment or process.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in tool room equipment. Mill, Lathe, Grinder
- Ability to use MEC equipment in assembly.
- Factory environment with noise from manufacturing environment. (Over 85 Db) Exposure to moving equipment, parts and electrical shock. Possible serious injury due to carelessness around equipment.
- Able to lift up to 50lb’s.
- Able to drive a fork truck.
- Any other job duties requested by management.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING, SKILLS, ABILITES, EXPERIENCE:
- 4 year degree in manufacturing engineering or an engineering technology equivalent field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in production line or tooling.
- Minimum 4 years’ machine design.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical, pneumatics, and PLC programming.
- Minimum 5 years of blue prints, process analysis, and drafting terminology.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Must be able to use Solidworks and Autocad.
This position may require travel of 5%.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders. The employee occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position may occasionally be required to travel overnight to perform essential functions at remote locations or receive training. The position may be required to work overtime (unplanned and unscheduled) to meet deadlines and requirements. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change during the course of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Electrical,pnuematics,PLC: 3 years (Required)