PharmEng Technology is currently seeking a Project Engineer – Capital Projects to join our team for projects in Toronto, ON.
Responsible for project activities within the Engineering Services Department. This role consists of a range from individual responsibility for overall project deliverable on existing renovation/upgrade projects through to support roles on major new development projects.
- Liaise with technical professionals and end-use customers to support the development of project scope requirements that satisfy the business need.
- Support the development of project design basis, project justification documentation and Authorization for Expenditure.
- Prepare cost estimates, feasibility studies and execution schedules for projects and/or portions thereof assigned.
- In supporting projects as assigned, aid in the delivery of project scope within budget and schedule.
- Prepare and/or co-ordinate the development of detailed drawings and specifications for assigned projects using AutoCAD.
- Liaise with end-use customers within the organization and its affiliates to research, develop and analyse problems with existing facilities/equipment and recommend solutions for improvement or redevelopment.
- Assist members of Operations staff within the organization and its affiliates in implementing project designs and problem resolution as required
- Co-ordinate the activities of outside consultants and contractors in the execution of design and construction work, ensuring company’s technical and regulatory compliance standards, cost and schedule parameters are maintained and reported.
- Ensure that all necessary permits as required by the current codes are obtained and that any necessary inspections are scheduled.
- Ensure that work is performed in full compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and according to established Safety, Health and Environmental policies for Construction Sites.
- Support the development and execution of F.A.T., commissioning and validation requirements and associated documentation for work assigned.
- Assist Manager in meeting department goals and objectives.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- Perform all work in support of the company’s Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; demonstrate strong and visible support of our values.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
- A post-secondary degree in Engineering/Technologist program (or equivalent field experience) accompanied by a minimum of two work terms of experience in design and construction co-ordination.
- Construction project experience in Pharmaceutical Industry preferred
- Hands-on experience in design utilizing Autocad is preferred.
- Hands on experience in the use of Microsoft Office computer tools.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Thank you for your consideration and application! We review all resumes and submissions, however, due to the sheer volume of requests that we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- AutoCAD and MS Projects: 2 years (Required)
- Construction Management: 2 years (Required)
- Pharmaceutical Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)