- Work in cross-functional teams to support plant business goals and objectives.
- Provide technical support to production, maintenance, engineering, and sales and marketing groups.
- Investigate and resolve non-conforming material and customer complaints.
- Support plant quality initiatives and industry standards compliance through active participation in the plant quality strategy.
- Develop processes to maximize capacity utilization, minimize cost and provide statistically sound product performance.
- Maintain manufacturing practices and procedures to optimize product quality/performance.
- Develop, document, and provide training of standard work.
- Develop, plan, and implement process or product improvement projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Support plant safety initiatives through active involvement in the safety process.
- Lead and/or contribute to continuous improvement and six sigma project teams.
- Document all work and write technical reports.
EDUCATION An undergraduate degree in Metallurgy or Material Science or related field is required.
EXPERIENCE This individual will possess:
- Recent college graduate to 7+ years are encouraged to apply. The size of our plant gives us the ability to provide this range.
- Proven ability to work in a low supervision environment while successfully meeting goals.
- Experience managing technical projects/initiatives in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical skills (statistical data analysis experience is a plus).
- Strong PC skills, including Windows, Word, Excel, various data collection and analysis packages.
- Self-sufficiency in data acquisition, analysis, and report writing.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work in teams.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience or classwork with Six Sigma a plus.
ATTRIBUTES This individual will:
- Be energetic, disciplined, and focused on a team-building operational organization.
- Be well organized.
- Attention to detail.
- Have well developed interpersonal and business partnering skills, with the ability to quickly adapt to, be accepted by, and interrelate with the organization at all levels.
- Be willing to work flexible hours.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. This position interfaces with plant and area management, area and shops maintenance personnel, vendors, contractors, area engineering, and contract engineers.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Approximately 60% of the job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. 40% of the job function is required in the plant. There is exposure to operating machinery and a manufacturing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled