ATNi’s US Telecom division has a vision of enriching the lives of rural Americans by bringing superior communications services to all. Here, we truly believe that everyone deserves to be connected and we are determined that no person is denied access to modern communications services simply because they live in rural America. Our employees strive, every day, to bring connectivity solutions to areas that others have left behind. In order to do that, we have built an exceptional team of people that are tenacious, creative, customer-focused, proud, and cost conscious – could you be the next to join the team and make a major impact on lives across America?
Your role is responsible for the computing platforms (hardware, operating system, virtualization/cloud) that provide the basis for the foundation of the wireless core network and support systems. You will support hardware and software upgrades to make sure that systems stay up-to-date. You will have a good understanding of the cybersecurity implications of your engineering and design choices. You are a self-starter, always looking for an efficient, manageable solution. You like to share your ideas, implementations and designs with others. You are curious and want to make sure that systems are operating optimally. You take system reliability seriously and understand the dependencies and impacts as computing systems interoperate. Certifications are a plus but demonstrable skills and experience are required.
- Experience – 3+ yrs with degree, 5+ yrs w/o degree.
- Hands on experience with virtualization or cloud technologies.
- Thorough understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS administration.
- Experience integrating COTS/FOSS software into a system.
- Ability to write simple to intermediate BASH, Python, or Perl scripts.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Solid environment and configuration management skills.
- Ability to be on-call, and work maintenance windows.
- Good analytical and system integration troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to write and review design documents and communicate architecture, design strategies, standards, and technical system specifications.
- Experience – 5+ yrs with degree, 8+ yrs w/o degree.
- Computer Science degree
- VMware Certified Professional
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Ability to write and maintain BASH, Python, or Perl scripts of moderate complexity.
- Experience programming with RESTful APIs
ATNi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.