Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Good work-life balance
- Safe and responsible operations
- Career growth and development
Entry-level Production Engineer
Green River, WY
The entry-level engineer is an exciting opportunity to start your career with Genesis Alkali. AS a Production Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to rotate through multiple processing plants, the environmental engineering and safety departments. Advance through engineering disciplines, or take the first step on the path to operations management. Explore all you can do in engineering; start your career with Genesis Alkali!
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate safety as the number one priority
- Safety and Environmental support and optimization
- Management of Change (MOC) process
- ISO system
- ISO certification on plant measurement systems
- Process and product improvement and development
- Plant engineering and process support
- Cost improvement program
- Technical training
- Project documentation including control narratives
- Process troubleshooting
- Plant and site project development and execution
- Water management
- Administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in Chemical Engineering or related engineering field
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Ability to fit test for required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Demonstrated drive for results
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizing skills
- Chemical Engineering experience, including internships, in a heavy manufacturing or chemical processing industry
- ERP experience, with SAP and/or Oracle strongly preferred
Genesis Alkali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or citizenship.