Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As our Process Engineer II, you will support the daily manufacturing engineering needs of our production of Nike Air products. You will be responsible for ensuring operation and upgrading strategic manufacturing processes, which produce Nike Air components. You will design experiments to understand key variables between material, process, tooling and equipment. You’ll provide technical support to maintain, repair and/or replace equipment and tooling, as well as, modify existing production equipment to improve both reliability and functionality. In addition, you will help facilitate engineering activities for new products. You’ll support prototype development runs and encourage commercialization of new processes and tooling while utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods to minimize waste and enhance efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Chemical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or other manufacturing related degree
- 4 additional years' closely related work experience may be considered in lieu of the degree
- 3 years of experience in Process Engineering within a high-volume manufacturing production environment, plastics and/or packaging preferred
- Experience troubleshooting industrial machinery which requires thorough knowledge in both electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience or classwork in Design of Experiments and excellent statistical skills preferred
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing principles preferred
- Possess a detailed and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with associates of all levels including directors, managers, engineers, machine operators, quality technicians, line supervisors, and maintenance technicians.
- Knowledge of plastics processing a plus.
- Process knowledge of injection molding a plus.
- Process knowledge of thermoforming a plus.
- Process knowledge of radio frequency and other plastics welding technologies a plus.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.