GP Strategies Corporation is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
GP Sandy, a division of GP Strategies engages a wide variety of professionals to design and develop performance improvement/marketing programs for the Automotive OEMs.
Automotive Product/Brand Training Writer
The Automotive Product Writer will develop product and sales process training materials for use by dealership sales consultants. This is a full time (not freelance) position in our Troy, MI office.
- Meeting with client and internal subject matter experts.
- Coordinate the development with graphic designers and web-based training programmers.
- Develops dealership sales process and product training materials following approved course designs
- Creates web-based training storyboards, including interactive, scenario-based exercises
- Develops vehicle walk-around presentations for use by in-dealership trainers, including engaging activities
- Writes exam questions based on approved course objectives
- Assists in the course review process
General Physical Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in an editorial discipline (Technical Writing, Journalism, Marketing Communications, etc.)
- Ability to interface and work with team members and provide excellent customer service skills
- Coursework or equivalent work experience in Product Brand Marketing Writing, Instructional Systems Design, Training Content Development is a plus
- Experience writing automotive product training materials is a plus
- InDesign, Articulate Storyline, or other publications software experience is a plus
- Basic project management skills are desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
- Sedentary Work—Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Physical Activities—Sitting, reaching, typing, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Visual Acuity—Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, view computer monitors, and read.
- General working Conditions—Inside environmental conditions with protection from outside elements.
This Position Description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status