Capstone IT is helping our client in Omaha find a help desk engineer with an expertise in Citrix for a full-time staff opportunity. This position is responsible for the design/architecture and senior technology support for EUC infrastructure and other key technologies supporting end user mobility, collaboration, and virtual desktop. Lead the design, deployment, and support for efforts in the Laptop/Desktop user experience throughout the Corporate footprint. Provide expertise in the delivery of new technologies in enhancing capabilities with collaboration and mobile workspace. The candidate will work closely with a team of engineers and technology\business partners providing end user compute services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· This position will act as lead in guiding efforts in the development of a long-term roadmap for a refined user experience and the successful execution of the new capabilities.
· Ensure a stable and sound platform is delivered in balancing the capabilities for the end user base grounded in strong security practices.
· Actively share knowledge and experience with other team members to develop effective bench strength; efforts include the development of effective processes and documentation.
· Leads the way in planning for the adoption and operation of technologies to enhance drive collaboration and support of a mobile workforce.
· Maintain a high quality, highly available end user compute environment to minimize impacts and provide enhanced user experience.
· Work with all support groups as applicable and act as lead on projects related to the entire Desktop and virtual environments. Collaborate across multiple teams in full support of the Infrastructure group.
· Understand our business partners and customer needs, look for what value we can provide, and tailor our offering to match requirements.
· Maintain the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position through training and professional development opportunities.
· Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
· Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Responsible for the design, configuration, installation, maintenance and management of the laptop, desktop and VDI environment
- Responsible for building and maintaining an automated imaging process for desktops, laptops, and VDI environments.
- Regularly apply upgrades and security patches for the associated operating systems, software and hardware in accordance to the organizations patch management philosophy. Work collaboratively to assist others in the deployment of application-based patches
- Responsible for various server configurations, virtual server needs, patch management enterprise monitoring as it relates to client technology solutions
- Provides escalated support to Service Desk Teams, performing necessary problem-solving actions to ensure timely resolution to users. Collaborates with other technology teams to solve problems.
- Documents end user issues, solutions and process for problem resolutions in a call tracking system. Assists in updating technical knowledgebase with troubleshooting and problem resolution information.
- Expert ability to automate processes with various scripting languages.
- Expert in configuring Citrix application suite, Cisco UCS, virtual server infrastructure, Active Directory, backup environments and disaster recover processes.
- Responsible for enterprise scale Hybrid configuration of Microsoft technologies.
- Responsible for the design, configuration, installation, maintenance and management of the development of a long-term roadmap for a refined user experience and the successful execution of the new capabilities.
- Actively shares knowledge and experience with other team members to develop effective bench strength; efforts include the development of effective processes and documentation.
- Leads the way in planning for the adoption and operation of technologies to enhance drive collaboration and support of a mobile workforce.
- Understand our business partners and customer needs, look for what value we can provide, and tailor our offering to match requirements.
- Ability to create and generate executive reports for applicable key performance metrics on a monthly basis
DESIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Advance scripting skills with Power Shell, Ansible, Puppet, Gitlab, etc.
- Experience with Splunk programming.
- Ability to interface with clients with technical ability and professionalism
- Good communicator able to work with technical and non-technical personnel
- Understand enterprise scale Hybrid configuration of Microsoft technologies.
Experienced and proficient with the majority of the following technologies is preferred:
- Microsoft O365
- Citrix Suite of functionality (ie. XenServer, XenDeskop, XenMobile)
- Citrix App Layering
- Cisco UCS
- Application Management
- Active Directory and Group Policy Objects
- Network concepts (ie. DNS, DHCP)
Knowledge and experience with latest Microsoft desktop (Windows 10) and server (Windows 2012, 2016) operating systems is required.
Strong organizational, analytic, and complex problem solving skills
High degree of initiative, strong work-ethic, team player, and accountability
Supportive & Respectful, Innovative & Flexible, Honest & Open
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience. Five or more years of experience in an enterprise information technology environment.
Demonstrated success working, collaborating, and establishing credibility and relationships with colleagues, management, business partners, and customers.
Demonstrated success with ability to influence others, leading others to solve problems, and strong ability to follow organization policies and procedures.
Please respond with your resume, availability, and salary history. Looking forward to working with you!
Capstone Consulting is an EEO employer
Capstone website http://www.capstonec.com/
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Connect with us on LinkedIn:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 per hour
- Citrix: 4 years (Preferred)
- Ansible: 3 years (Preferred)
- Splunk: 3 years (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page: