FOX Factory, Inc. – Test Engineer (II) –Northeast Atlanta, GA (30517)
About the Company:
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar.
For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year-round. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
If you have a passion and a drive to be the best, we have a great opportunity for you! FOX Factory, Inc., a fast-growing and dynamic company in Brazelton, GA has an exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer II with a focus on our automotive OE offerings.
The Test Engineer (II) will interact within an all levels of the technical staff and is responsible for executing customer Design Verification Plans (DVP) or creating internal DVPs for automotive project dampers. This person should be a “HANDS ON” engineer with a proven aptitude for problem solving and the ability to bring fresh ideas to improve company innovation and profitability.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with design group, project leaders, and test assets in a matrixed organization and lead test project following project schedule.
- Development of metrics, test methods, procedures, data capture, and reports for new products
- Will be required to conduct testing in addition to directing the activities of others
- Continuous improvement of the DVP process and test methods
- Ultimately responsible for pass/fail criteria of projects
- Design custom tests and test setups
- Responsible for operating data acquisition systems and using outputs to boost development, test efficiency, and product performance
- Responsible for operation and development of lab test equipment such as a shock dyno, MTS hydraulic system, tensile tester, data acquisition, and sensors.
- Manage test equipment schedule, maintenance, calibration, and upgrades
- Manage test project including creating the test plan and planning
- Responsible for specification and implementation of new lab equipment
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study, plus minimum two years of relevant experience in either suspension/damper development, power sports industry, or automotive industry.
- Background should include strong problem-solving skills and proven ability to work independently or in a team environment. Daily hands on work in a testing environment is expected and required.
- Proficient PC Skills required: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, 3D modeling
- Desired PC Skills: Matlab, VB, ladder logic, C++, Java, or any other programming language that would benefit data processing and analysis (plus)
- Experience setting up new test equipment/machines (plus)
- Experience with 3D modeling and FEA (plus)
- Candidate must have highest level of work ethics, honestly and ability to work in cross functional teams.
- This position will require travel to other Fox Factory offices, customers and test locations.
We look forward to hearing from you!