Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is a multi-faceted and leading edge division of the company that offers a variety of services, including, temporary and permanent design services for current projects and new project pursuits in the United States and Canada. Our design services group has offices in Englewood, CO; Omaha, NE; Lenexa, KS offer expertise in structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, and materials disciplines.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Company has an opening for a Geotechnical Engineer Intern for the summer of 2020. This Intern position provides a hands-on learning experience directly related to responsibilities that transfer to skills needed in a full-time position.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Perform geotechnical designs such as support of excavations, slope stability, shallow foundation analysis
- Produce calculation packages
- Produce deliverables such as memos and detailed sketches
- Perform field inspections with assistance
- Technical writing and communication
- Basic understanding of geotechnical concepts and software tools
- Able to interpret design drawings
- Pursuing a degree in Geotechnical Engineering or a related degree
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to fully participate in job assignments at the job site, district office or department to which the intern is assigned
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
- Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
- Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real-world areas of the Kiewit organization
- Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.