North Wind, Inc. is an award-winning small business leader founded in 1997. It serves as North Wind Group’s legacy company with over 18 years of experience. North Wind, Inc., established the foundation for the infrastructure, procedures, and processes administered by North Wind Group companies today. Comprised of multidisciplinary engineers, scientists, and construction personnel and the platform processes such as the Certified-ready EVMS, procurement, and integrated baseline system , the company offers the full range of environmental services, waste management, construction, and demolition services. Headquartered in Idaho Falls, Idaho, North Wind, Inc. operates across the U.S. to support Federal, State, and commercial customers and its sister subsidiaries. Its historical client base includes predominantly DOE, selected DoD agencies, and the commercial sector. North Wind, Inc. is a small disadvantaged business and Alaska Native Corporation.
North Wind Group is seeking an Estimator II to work with Regional & Company Estimating Manager to complete estimate development. Conduct RFP reviews, scope development, subcontractor solicitation, quote comparisons, estimate development & closeout. Estimator II will also be required to lead reviews and meetings during the bidding process.
Do you know of anyone that may be interested in a Full-Time position with our organization, North Wind Group?
We have several openings for Mid Level to Senior Level Estimators across the US. including areas of target: Alaska (highest priority) Las Vegas Area Idaho Falls Omaha Denver Hawaii We are in urgent need of seeking a General Construction Contracting estimator that excels in interior carpentry and renovation work. Structural work and site work are also a benefit to our operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform takeoffs on a wide variety of features of work.
- Develop complete project estimates to develop project-specific resource libraries to be incorporated into the estimate.
- Work with Capture Managers and Subject Matter Experts to develop project staffing plans and indirect estimates.
- Work with Capture Managers and Subject Matter Experts to ensure bid strategy is in accordance with company mission and capabilities.
- Develop & maintain the document control process and be responsible for cataloging all bid documents, correspondence, assumptions, and quotes.
- Work with Project Teams to ensure bidding strategy is practical, and also participate in project completion debriefs to incorporate best practices into future bidding strategies.
- Work with the contracts department to maintain the subcontractor database.
- Work with contracts to develop subcontractor solicitation process and lead that activity throughout the bidding process.
- Develop complete and comprehensive quote comparisons.
- Solicit and catalog material and equipment pricing.
- Participate in business development & networking activities.
- Track market conditions and incorporate that knowledge into the bidding and review process.
- Manage bidding scheduled to ensure milestones and deadlines are tracked and achieved
- Lead bid reviews with company management.
- Participate in Design Coordination during design-build pursuits.
- Develop meeting agendas and take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Travel to and attend meetings and site visits throughout the North Wind operational area.
- Work with schedulers to ensure the accuracy of pre-bid schedules.
- Develop risk identification matrix's to identify mitigation measures and contingency development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Construction Management is preferred.
Experience: Two (2) to Five (5) years of estimating experience and four years of direct construction management. Design-Build Experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with the design-build project delivery format is required.
- Experience in developing complete project estimates and project resource libraries.
- Experience with subcontract solicitations and the quote comparison process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management, staff, and client.
- Experience with leading and directing a variety of meetings, both internal & external to North Wind.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond effectively and sensitively to questions from clients, managers, staff, and the general public.
- High degree of sensitivity regarding confidential client and employee information.
- Ability to advocate and enforce Company policies, procedures, and employee programs.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and make decisions, exercise good judgment, work under pressure, work with minimal supervision and prioritize workload.
- Experience and skills with computer applications, MS Office Suite, with MS Excel Experience is required.
- security clearance.
Bachelor’s Degree or Construction Management is preferred. Design-Build Experience is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Construction Estimating: 2 years (Required)
- Estimating: 2 years (Preferred)