CGI is seeking Software Automation Test Engineers. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting clients throughout the country.
Qualified candidates should have knowledge & hands-on software automation experience and banking experience in the following areas if possible: demand deposit/savings/money market accounts, transfers, sweeps, and account opening platforms.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Writes code, scripts or procedures to test systems and/or controls.
- Ensures proper procedures and controls are in place throughout the development process
- Reviews engineering deliverables.
- Responsible for reporting and tracking issues.
- Responsible for planning, design and development of appropriate automated tests
- Design, Develop, setup and maintain automation frameworks
- Responsible for setting, planning, designing and implementing the automation architecture
- Responsible for setting, developing and maintaining automation development strategies
- Oversight of technical work of other automation engineers
- Responsible for code review and compliance to automation standards of both onshore and offshore teams
- Participate in improvement of automation standards and ensure implementation with on and offshore teams
- Stay abreast of functional changes that would affect regression suite(s), and
- ensure that these are considered in the maintenance of the suite(s)
- Champion quality and automation within the enterprise
- Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or closely related discipline
- 4+ years of programming, developing automation, creating automation frameworks or other directly related work experience. A combination of education and experience may meet qualifications.
- Extensive experience with software automation tools, software design methodologies, automation frameworks, platforms, related systems and technologies.
- Proficient in SQL and relational databases
- Extensive experience with REST and SOAP services
- Preferably having knowledge in R or Python
- Good knowledge on interface & Integration testing
- Must have strong analytical, organizational, problem resolution, customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with BDD and TDD practices
- Ability to make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Requires effective time management and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.