El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Participate in and drive the insertion of GaN into National Security Space advanced space and ground-based microwave and millimeter-wave systems. Your hardware development, test, and analysis efforts will impact resilient MIC and MMIC amplifier designs, advanced measurement techniques, wideband microwave systems, cubesat advanced technologies, and high-power RF. There will be opportunities to eventually lead projects in these areas. Our academic-like collegial atmosphere encourages collaboration with and two-way learning between you and our engineers.
***This position can be filled as an Aerospace Member of the Technical Staff or Senior Member of the Technical Staff
- Develop MIC and MMIC designs in support of GaN device capability and reliability studies
- Develop and apply specialized microwave measurement techniques using state-of-the-art instrumentation
- Perform budget, circuit and full-wave simulations of microwave components, and systems
- As an individual, team member, or leader, solve microwave hardware anomalies by applying both analytical and experimental techniques
- Develop advanced cubesat payloads, amplifiers, transmitters and receivers and perform microwave hardware-based laboratory measurements required to evaluate performance
- Document work products in briefings and/or technical reports to customers and colleagues
- Work in a dynamic and multi-tasking environment with rapid varying requirements and tasks
- High motivation with a desire both to learn and carry out tasks with guidance/leadership of experienced staff
- Interface with Aerospace internal and external customers, and external contractors for the exchange of technical information
- Travel to contractor and customer sites as needed to provide technical support.
- Currently pursuing or received a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university and 0-1 years of experience with an emphasis on microwave and/or millimeter-wave hardware, measurements, and analysis/simulation
- Experience in ADS or Microwave Office, HFSS or CST, MATLAB, RF circuit layout, and instrument control
- Experience in MIC and/or MMIC analysis, design, circuit layout, and measurement
- Detailed understanding of characterization and test methods for microwave/millimeter-wave circuits using standard laboratory instruments
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-tasking environment with rapid varying requirements and tasks
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Completion of assigned tasking with minimal supervision
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance with SCI / SSBI access which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
Required for consideration as an Sr. Member of the Technical Staff
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering and 0 - 1 years of experience
- Leadership experience with small teams
- Ability to build RF hardware or systems
- Ability to perform research activities
- Ability with several of the "Preferred" experience skill sets
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with GaN device technology and design
- Experience with RF systems performance budgets
- Experience with parameter analyzer systems
- Experience with harmonically tuned load amplifier designs
- Experience with time-domain waveform measurement theory and practice
- Some experience with FPGAs/mixed-signals
- Some experience with optical systems
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Counter Intelligence Polygraph
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market:
Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Instrumentation, Engineering, Government