Hagerman & Company, Inc., founded in 1985, is a firm specializing in the sale of the world's leading design software and related products and services. The company has more than 20 locations in the United States, with corporate headquarters in Mt. Zion, Illinois.
Position: PLC Programming Engineer, Mt. Zion, IL
Job Skills Required:
· Must be well versed in control systems.
· Must be proficient in PLC and HMI programming.
· Proficiency in at least one programming language is required.
· Must have solid software and hardware troubleshooting skills.
· Proficiency with Allen Bradley & Schneider Electric controls is a plus.
· Work with project management and customers to ensure project goals and specifications are delivered on time and within budget.
· Design, program, and commission PLC based automated control systems.
· Make hardware and/or software purchasing recommendations.
· Simulate, test, and debug control systems.
· Implement and start-up systems at the end-user’s facility.
· Provide continuing system technical support as necessary, through on-site visits or remotely.
· Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites when needed.
· Applicable degree or 5 years of experience working with PLC’s, HMI’s and control systems.
· Experience in project management and leadership.
· Planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting skills.
· Proficient computer skills (MS Office & AutoCAD).
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Commitment to working in a team oriented and continuous improvement environment.
· Ability to define and analyze problems, evaluate relevant facts and develop effective solutions.
This is a full-time position. Hagerman & Company offers an upscale job experience, with modern building and office spaces, company benefits include health insurance, flexible spending plan, life insurance, 401k, personal time off, company holidays, and flexibility for family needs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Hagerman & Company, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Job Type: Full-time
- What is your desired salary range?
- How many years of experience do you have with Programmable Logic Controllers?
- Are you willing to travel (up to 10% of the time)?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?