Channel Partner Sales Manager, SolarOne
SolarOne®, a Fonroche Lighting America brand, offers a unique opportunity to work in the area of lighting, sustainability, and infrastructure resilience.
SolarOne is the US market leader in commercial, off-grid solar lighting solutions for streets, parking lots, pathways and more. US operations are headquartered in Greater Boston area with an office in Boise Idaho.
The Fonroche Group, founded in 2008 and headquartered in France, is a major player in the renewable energy industry, with extensive expertise in lighting, biogas, and geothermal technologies. Its off-grid solar lighting division has sold more than 100,000 units, including some of the largest solar street lighting installations in the world. Fonroche Lighting America recently acquired SolarOne Solutions: two top-tier organizations, joining forces.
Working at Fonroche Lighting America, you will focus on maximizing our sales channel effectiveness. Together with a team of experienced and motivated professionals, you will drive increasing sales through our channel partners, a vital element to Company’s ambitious growth objectives. We offer better solutions with our off-grid solar lighting than with traditional grid-connected alternatives. We achieve and maintain marketplace leadership through our people, market knowledge and technology. A positive, proactive approach is a critical contributor to our team’s success, and our customers’ satisfaction.
A strong sales channel is one of our strategic objectives. Currently, most, but not all of our channel partners are Lighting Representative Agencies. We are looking for a well-organized, inspirational and self-motivated individual to grow our channel revenue. Someone who is interested in public lighting, and motivated to contribute to the clean energy transition. This position reports to our Director of Sales and works closely with both our channel partners and our Application Engineers.
As our Channel Sales Manager, you will:
- Take ownership of the relationships with, and our sales through our channel partners
- Develop, measure & refine channel plans and action items to significantly increase channel partner revenue
- Agree on, and achieve ambitious revenue and margin targets, and report on progress
- Train channel partners, customers, and the marketplace on the values of SolarOne products and best solar lighting opportunity management practices
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the SolarOne product offering in order to optimize sales efforts; remain up to date with new product initiatives, services and other relevant information of interest to customers
- Contribute to the development of winning project proposals with our Application Engineers and present these effectively
- Provide feedback to the Sales and Marketing Management Teams, with needs and recommendations to continuously improve sales effectiveness
- Communicate sales pipeline status in weekly pipeline meeting
- Manage and facilitate comprehensive communication to our Channel Partners
- Create, manage, and advance accounts, leads, and opportunities in SolarOne’s CRM system (Salesforce) and provide accurate forecasts
Our Channel Sales Manager needs to have:
- Minimum 3 years of channel partner sales experience in a business-to-business environment, preferably in hardware, lighting, solar and/or specification sales
- Strong sense for uncovering, evaluating, growing, and closing sales opportunities
- Documented, consistent success exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets through channel partner management, account planning, and weekly forecasting sessions
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Inspiring and motivating interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with CRM system like Salesforce
- Strong communication skills
- BS or BA degree (at a minimum)
- This position requires travel up to 50% of the time
Fonroche Lighting offers a motivating and collaborative work environment. We provide the tools, training and coaching to continuously develop your career. We offer a competitive salary and incentive depending on experience. Our employment decisions are made without any regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are currently hiring for Channel Partner Sales Management positions in both our Boise, ID and our Needham, MA office.
Job Type: Full-time
- Channel Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction