Are you interested in learning about healthcare professions and the latest healthcare innovations in the KC area? Become part of an organization that is dedicated to making a difference in both your career and community.
Job Description Summary :
The Data Engineer III works collaboratively to mine and evaluate internal and external data to create insights, solutions, and visualizations for strategic Blue KC analytical priorities. This individual will develop a deep understanding of analytical technologies in order to enable Blue KC to create valuable models and insights for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Designs and implements the data pipelines and transformations necessary for our new development.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of data used by performing data quality measurement and analysis.
- Works closely with application developers, architects, and engineers to ensure that we produce high-quality code and infrastructure.
- Maintains the high quality of our data pipelines in production, ensuring data quality and performance.
- Stays current with rapidly developing data technologies and tools. Shares knowledge with other Blue KC resources.
- Develops strategies, standards, and best practices for data ingestion and integration.
- Prototypes and integrates technologies and tools into analytic solutions; leads adoption of tools throughout the department.
- Leads and executes activities to support the adoption of new data sources into the Blue KC data environment. Analyzes new sources of data to quantify quality, uniqueness, value, and overlap with existing data sources. Leads process improvement; creates and steers tool use roadmap.
- Leads and mentors colleagues in technical skills and explains business reasoning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in ETL or ELT utilizing enterprise tools (DataStage, Informatica IICS, Matillion, others).
- 5+ years of SQL development.
- Experience with DLM and Enterprise Platforms for managing data movement.
- Thorough understanding of insurance industry (including claims processes, how attribution works, and the core business concepts of insurance).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- Ability to lead, guide, motivate, and direct the work of others.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile development practices.
Location: 2300 Main,Kansas City,MO, Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations