We LOVE going to work and think you should too! Are you our next Untangler?
Untangle is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Firewall / Networking Engineering team. This is a great role for participating in open source projects. In this position, you will be an integral part of the development of world-class networking and security products. You will drive discovery and evolution of new technologies to maximize development efficiency and performance. You will get the opportunity to work with our global team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our platform. Our people are doers and we make it happen!
Here's a Bit About Us:
Untangle® is an innovator in cybersecurity for the below-enterprise market, safeguarding people’s digital lives at home, work and on-the-go. Untangle’s integrated suite of software and appliances provides enterprise-grade capabilities and consumer-oriented simplicity, bringing a new generation of smart security to homes and small-to-mid-sized businesses.
This position will be based out of our Boulder engineering office. We offer a dynamic, fun work environment where the snacks are plentiful and the walls are bright. We even provide weekly catered-in lunches - YUM! Of course, we offer all the benefits you’d expect, like medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account options, and 401(k).
What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Design Open Source Linux-based firewall routers for cost effective solutions for global customer base
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and develop new features and enhancements
- Troubleshoot defects and perform root cause analysis
- Fix bugs and improve system performance
- Make a difference!
Bonus Points if:
- 5+ years working knowledge of Java, Python, Go or general OOPL experience
- 5+ years working experience of software engineering
- 5+ years of Linux development, use and general shell usage
- Experience in developing systems for high reliability and scalability
- Understanding of network management and security
You share a link to a project you're proud of or your GitHub
It'll Be Great If You Have:
Your Wheelhouse Must Include:
- Proficiency in TCP/IP network communication protocol
- Experience with C
- Experience with kernel development
- Experience in shell scripting
- Understanding of network management and security (iptables, nftables, etc.)
Did you hear about some of our many accolades, including:
- Passion and aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to work in an agile environment with limited requirements
- Ability to handle multiple scheduled and unscheduled deliverables
- Ability to work with limited supervision with a globally-distributed team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organized code base
- BS or above degree in a STEM field
- Cyber Defense Magazine - 2018 Best Product in the Firewall category, Hot Company in the Unified Threat Management category
- Sweeping four categories in 2018 Global Excellence Awards
- Stevie Awards - 2018 Gold Winner in Best New Product or Service of the year - Software - Network Security Solution
- Government Security Awards “The Govies” for 2018 – Gold Winner in Network Security for Untangle NG Firewall
- Spiceworks #1 Best Content Filtering Appliance
- Spiceworks #1 Best Software Firewall