J&P is currently seeking a Software Systems Engineer II in support of the NASA JSC Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC).
Assure that software design and operations specifications and products meet International Space Station Program (ISSP), Safety & Mission Assurance (S&MA) software safety requirements.
- Assess the ISS software development, test, verification, and change products and identify problems and noncompliances.
- Ensure compliance with Computer Based Controls System Safety Requirements (SSP 50038B), ISS System Specifications (SSP 41000) and ISS Safety Requirements Document (50021) and applicable NASA standards (7150, 8719, 8739).
- Prepare reports, present findings of assessments and evaluations, and provide recommendations to the NASA S&MA Software Team Manager.
- Participate in ISS on-orbit anomaly assessment process and evaluate safety compliance of proposed on-orbit software modifications.
- Participate in, and represent software S&MA assurance, as appropriate and as required in working groups, panels and boards in order to perform the above described tasks.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in engineering/computer science or related field.
- +5 Years' Experience in software systems development and analysis including safety assurance of complex software systems.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate and evaluate the significance of multiple complex systems to the safety of software applications.
- Must be able to obtain “Public Trust” security clearance
- A working knowledge of NASA JSC S&MA processes. Experience in the NASA JSC ISS safety, reliability, and mission assurance environment.
- Experience and understanding of the safety review process, a working knowledge of basic NASA ISS software development and integration processes, and familiarity with software safety documentation, requirements and specifications.
- Experience should include the development and assurance of software systems related to NASA manned space flight.
Houston, TX US
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)