1. Performs and coordinates the mechanical design and development of new products, or major modifications of existing products.
2. Responsible for the accuracy of design and the quality of the final detailed part drawings.
3. Promotes open atmosphere encouraging idea generation, technology assessment and innovation.
4. Makes decisions within the framework of applied technology; formulates new approaches and techniques for the solution of technical problems encountered in design.
5. Evaluates and tests new technologies and its application to products.
6. Must stay abreast of new developments in component technologies and trends in the capital equipment manufacturing industry sector.
7. Tests and reports on customer specified or supplied material run-ability.
8. Oversees development of documentation necessary for Bills of materials, Product Flow Charts, Part Drawings, Assembly Drawings, Schematic (Air, Lube, and Hydraulics) Piping Drawings and Orientation Drawings.
9. Responsible for the application of engineering and manufacturing standards, as well as appropriate product and component standards in the area of product responsibility.
10. Participates in the design review process for all assigned projects
11. Communicates design intent to the electrical engineer, ensuring electrical requirements are included in the design, and the product operates in the most efficient manner, without unnecessary complexity.
12. Communicate and present with manufacturing, assembly and service to resolve conflicts, reviews designs, and incorporates suggestions in improvements.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering or related field. Prefer five years or more of automation experience. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have Solidworks experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- project management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)