ICONICS is seeking applications engineers who have designed and implemented automation projects. As an Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of major automation systems. Automation systems will include extremely large commercial building automation as well as factory automation systems. In your role, you will be involved in the integration of large and diverse types of commercial and industrial equipment and sensors, as well as customer databases and IT applications. You will be contributing to the organization and analysis of monitored data, and will be designing critical graphical dashboards, reports, alerts and workflows based on such data.
ICONICS is a managed Microsoft Partner, and has numerous awards for bringing the latest Microsoft technology to the benefit of automation applications. Consequently any Microsoft certifications, such as communications, databases, administration or Azure Cloud, are considered positively.
In this position, you will be involved in assisting, consulting and implementing projects for our most important customers. You are expected to be of the highest professional integrity and be the person that the customer can rely on for critical advice involving their use of ICONICS software. You may be leading multiple projects to ensure that specifications and customer expectations are met. You will become familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
This position is based out of the Washington, DC area. Training of up to 1 to 3 months at ICONICS’ HQ in Foxboro, MA will be required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering major
- 2-5 years’ experience with Automation Software deployment (BMS or BAS or SCADA or DCS system experience)
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Software and Operating Systems
- Experience in computer and industrial networks
- Experience in database design and SQL programming
- 5-15% travel required (may include international and weekend travel)
- Comfortable with customer facing activities
Additional Skills any of which are considered a plus:
- Artistic skills, UX design, and web design a plus
- Scripting knowledge for VBA, VB, VB.NET, Jscript.NET, or C#
- Knowledge of IoT technologies, protocols and concepts
- Experience in Microsoft IIS
- Experience with OPC, BACnet, Modbus, SNMP protocols
- Experience with web services
- Experience deploying cloud-based solutions in Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Prior achievement of, or ability to acquire Federal Security Credentials and Clearances
Founded in 1986 and now a high-visibility and independent subsidiary of Mitsubishi Electric Corporation of Japan, ICONICS is a company of innovators creating breakthrough software and striving for excellence in software engineering, product design and customer support. For almost 35 years, ICONICS has grown rapidly and has successfully deployed more than 375,000 software applications to manufacturing, industrial automation, energy management, and building automation markets worldwide.
ICONICS’ solutions deliver real-time visibility into all levels of the operation, from the plant floor to engineering to executive management. Our products help companies and organizations to become more profitable, agile and efficient, to improve quality, and to be more sustainable. As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and six-time Microsoft Partner of the Year winner, ICONICS is always on the cutting edge of technology.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Please list the industrial conttrol systems (DCS, PLC, ) that you have worked with or the BMS systems you have configured or supported
- industrial or building automation: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location